Friday, August 24, 2012

I am positively terrible at this...

Yep, I said it. I am terrible at keeping a blog.
With all sorts of social media, I tend to forget about certain ones from time to time. Worst of all this one.

Little up date...
Its RODEO WEEKEND! My favorite weekend of the entire year. Rancho Mission Viejo, in San Juan Capistrano, puts on a two day rodeo every year that leads up to the PBR (Pro Bull Riding Association) finals in Vegas. Growing up my Pa and I went every year without fail. Unfortunately, I had to miss the rodeo last year; broke my heart. This year my best friend, lets call him Mister G, works for the people putting it on so this year should be the best one yet. To top it all off Buzz is coming home from NorCal! The adventures of Buzz and Woody continue in full effect!

Last time Buzz was in town we spent a few days together and had a blast. It was incredibly hard to say goodbye again after not seeing each other for nearly a year. She had just graduated Cosmetology school and was awaiting State Board testing. So as a congrats present I let her know she was going to get a new tattoo!
Her bright idea was to get matching ones... I was not too excited about that, matching tattoos are often lame and ridiculous. Her idea was amazing though. We now have matching tattoos... After hearing what she wanted to get I completely caved in.

That's right... Infinity and beyond! Same place on opposite sides. I swear she drugged or hypnotized me! I do love it now and well, its one hell of a lot better than a Tweety bird or matching hearts or something.

Aside from that nonsense, I have been crafting up a storm and The Baker and her husband Mr. Star Wars have been sending great ideas my way. Due to the fact that they live in Toronto and I'm here in California we craft together over Skype. Especially with the rodeo coming up I have been trying to get ready for that, cutting old jeans into new shorts, embroidery, crocheting neckerchiefs and so on. The shorts came out awesome and  fit great. I tried to do one of those old t-shirt re-purposing tutorials that are all the rage right now. Yeah, it was a super FAIL! The neckerchiefs came out perfect and I plan to make many more in different sizes, patterns and colors. I think I will use them this winter also instead of a scarf. 

To the left is actually a teal color (I have terrible lighting!) in crochet thread. To the right I'm calling this one Big Red also in crochet thread. And below is a plum colored wool/acrylic blend light worsted weight yarn.
The two in thread are the same pattern and the one in yarn is a shell lace pattern (once I perfect them I will write out and post). In the thread the shell lace doesn't show up as well and looks like a lot of random loops. Ill try to make another yarn neckerchief in a lighter color so you can see the lace detail. 

I'm also working on a blanket for my brother... In a heat wave never make a giant granny square blanket for a man over 6 foot tall! It is taking me forever!(see progress below) I made his daughter a pink and purple checkerboard blanket (see below) and he decided he needs a handmade blanket too. A really large one that will cover all of him... but not a normal granny square of shell work afghan. of course not, he wants one single granny square alternating three colors. Its way too hot for this right now!!!
In progress for brother
Completed for niece

No comments:

Post a Comment