Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ahhhh friends, I have some great ones!

So yesterday my day started going down the drain... I hate when that happens. And then, I talk to my best girl friend ( I like to call her Buzz Lightyear, Buzz for short), I swear I don't even have to tell her I'm having a crappy day she somehow knows and says something to make me laugh. I freaking love her! Then my day goes bad again, what does she do? Tells me exactly what I need to hear! 

Today I woke up in a great mood. Then work got stressful and well, there goes my good mood. So I'm in a meeting, no big deal, when I get out I check my phone... Two missed calls from an 808 area code and it ended in 9999... Then I realize that its the number of a satellite phone. My very best friend who is deployed in Iraq told me he was going to call me. Now I'm really pissed! I haven't talked to him in months!!!!! I checked my voice-mail, he left one. "Hey its ****. Call me back... Oh wait, you cant 'cus I'm in Iraq." FML. But he called me like 45 minutes later and I finally got to talk to him! Wooo Hoooo! Totally made my week! Got to hear him wish me a happy early birthday and catch up on things. I cant wait till he gets home so I can go visit him. Its scary having your best friend be Special Forces and be over seas. It gets real lame being so worried all the time. 

I am so very blessed I have such great people in my life that are and always will be there to  push me to try harder, to lend me a shoulder and offer me a smile and a warm hug. I couldn't ask for more than that!


Now with all that being said, i present you with todays song:
day 03 - a song that makes you happy 
This is for you Buzz! This song always cheers me up. Plus Buzz and I have a tendency to call each other when we hear this song and play it for the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment